RE: Reengineering Overwrites

From: Weddle, Anthony (Anthony.Weddl..luescopesteel.com)
Date: Thu Apr 09 2009 - 17:00:00 EDT

    Wow, the speed of response on this list is awesome!

    My apologies. The documentation is not clear on this and I didn't
    explore enough. I was expecting bot "To DB" and "To Model" operations to
    appear and didn't realise that I had to change the direction by clicking
    the appropriate cell. (By the way, after running the migrate, I might
    have to save, close project and open project to see all of the changes -
    this was needed after adding a DB table, for example.)

    Migrate looks like what I need, much better than re-engineering each
    time. My only quibble is that the process is very manual, though that
    probably won't be a problem for most changes we do. I have seen the odd
    extensive change that we've made and that could take a while to migrate,
    though it is very rare. The DB-map comparison is also very slow. This is
    not a problem except that Modeler gives no indication that the
    comparison is going on - when I click "continue" on the first dialog of
    Migrate the dialog disappears and the whole window becomes unresponsive
    with no indication that something is happening. It took about a minute
    for the operations selection dialog to appear; I thought the application
    had frozen.

    Thanks for the responses. Migrate looks good.

    Cheers,
    Tony