Slow Return on Paginated SelectQuery

From: Paul Logasa Bogen II (pl..amu.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 12 2009 - 20:42:32 EDT

    I have a table with ~683k entries in it. I have a maintenance task that
    requires me to hit every entry. Since I know the results are much too
    big to return all at once, I've set the page size to 50. However,
    Cayenne appears to be attempting the full query first before falling
    back to paging. This is taking nearly half an hour for it to fall back,
    at which point everything works flawlessly. Is there a way to force the
    query to be paginated or to reduce the timeout on a query?

    plb