Re: "Can't get primary key from temporary id" :(

From: Joseph Schmidt (joseph_schmidt7..ahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 22 2009 - 12:57:30 EDT

    > You might also take a look at the 3.0 lifecycles that Ari mentioned
    > in the issue, but my guess is that JPA lifecycles won't do what is
    > needed.
    I did. To be inside the same transaction for writing, PrePersist would
    be the logical choice
    (from what I understood the docs). The very short documentation from here:
    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/lifecycle-callbacks.html
    mentions that this happens "after ObjectId and ObjectContext are set"

    The problem is that at that moment tying to write(access the value of
    the PK) I still get the same error message like the title of this post.
    It looks like ObjectId does not have the PK at that moment yet :(.

    thanks,
    Joseph.