Query on uncommitted DataContext

From: Markus Lux (markus.lu..mail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 25 2009 - 13:27:21 EDT

    Hi,

    I've got a problem regarding queries on uncommitted DataContexts containing
    new or deleted objects. If I insert a new object into a DataContext using
    newObject(), this object won't show up in a SelectQuery. The result of this
    query contains only persistent objects from the database but excludes the
    new, uncommitted object. The same behaviour applies to the counterpart:
    deleted, uncommitted objects will show up in such a query.

    I did a bit research on that problem and stumbled upon an older post in this
    mailing list where it has been suggested to use Expression.filterObject() to
    accomplish a similar behaviour. Since this method is not present anymore, I
    guess that it had been removed in Cayenne 3.

    So how do I include/exclude the aforementioned, uncommitted objects in a
    query?

    Thanks, Markus