Re: Hibernate Migration

From: Michael Gentry (mgentr..asslight.net)
Date: Mon Apr 27 2009 - 08:55:04 EDT

    On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Peter Karich <peatha..ahoo.de> wrote:
    > Hi,

    Hi Peter.

    > I am in the process of trying a migration from hibernate to cayenne and
    > I read on the list that there is no tool provided for doing this
    > automatically, right?

    I'm not aware of one.

    > Now I see that the modeler says that there are IDs missing in
    > relationship tables.
    > With relationship table I mean the table between a Many-To-Many
    > relationship without a special meaning. In hibernate they will be mapped
    > to tables without an ID - only two FKs.
    >
    > Isn't this possible in cayenne?

    You'll want to set the two FKs in the many-to-many join table to be
    PKs in the model. Cayenne will treat this as a compound key (which is
    what it really is). These links might also help:

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/many-to-many-relationships.html

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/cayennemodeler-flattened-relationships.html

    > And is cayenne's schema migration [1] as powerful as e.g. liquibase ?

    I've not heard of liquibase before, sorry.