Re: Query on uncommitted DataContext

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Apr 28 2009 - 05:16:52 EDT

    On Apr 26, 2009, at 3:06 PM, Markus Lux wrote:

    > Some time ago I used to work with EOF and I have in mind that this
    > behaviour
    > was the default.

    I don't think it was a part of EOF (maybe Wonder extensions?). But I
    could be wrong. Last time I used EOF for non-toy projects was ca. 2003.

    > So I thought it could be accomplished in Cayenne, too. But that
    > apparently isn't the case.

    Correct. Cayenne queries match against the committed state of the
    objects. I personally never found it useful to query uncommitted
    state. Maybe you can elaborate on a use case when you'd want to
    include uncommitted object state in the results? Maybe this will
    inspire a future implementation.

    Andrus