Re: Big selects on PostGres : Configuring Statement.setFetchSize() of a selectquery

From: stefcl (stefatwor..mail.com)
Date: Sun May 17 2009 - 14:35:32 EDT

    Just to say, because it's a standard JDBC feature I don't think that letting
    the user set this param can do much harm. Nevertheless, I perfectly
    understand that you can't take any change lightly.

    In fact most other OR tools let you set this param. In Ibatis you can do it
    directly in your query mapping file. Hibernate criteria queries have a
    setFetchSize() method and, looking for similar issues on the Jira I found
    something like this concerning OJB. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to
    say that it's a shame or anything negative, just sharing what I could learn
    elsewhere on this topic.

    I try to avoid this as much as possible but I think I'm going to make this
    change myself so I can begin working on my project while you do all the
    required testing. I really like cayenne and I have seen that there's a nice
    community that kindly answers your questions without trying to make you feel
    like an idiot.

    Thanks everyone...