Configuring Caching 3.0M6

From: Joe Baldwin (jfbaldwi..arthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jun 06 2009 - 13:26:01 EDT

    I am attempting to learn how to control and configure caching. I have
    hit some obstacles and need some insight to better understand this.

    Question 1:
      I have set "Use Shared Cache" to TRUE via Cayenne Modeler. How can
    I verify (via live code) the state of the Cache mode/strategy?

    Second, I read the docs "Configuring Caching Behavior" and it appears
    to assert that the "Cache Configuration" panel of the Modeler is used
    to set the default caching strategy to Shared True/False. If I
    understand this, then it appears that the "Use Shared Cache" parameter
    propagates to all DataDomains.

    Question 2:
    After reading this and the docs on Query Cache Strategy, I am have
    difficulty reconciling the two. (In fact, after messaging a number of
    live objects, I have convinced myself that I have absolutely no idea
    what Cache strategy that I have actually configured. :) ) So I
    think the first order of business is to ask how to reconcile the
    default cache for the DataDomain (controlled by the modeler) with the
    Query cache (controlled in the code), and also how do I ask Cayenne
    objects for the current settings.

    Thanks,
    Joe