Re: Problems with Expression.match()

From: Øyvind Harboe (oyvind.harbo..ylin.com)
Date: Wed Jun 10 2009 - 11:37:15 EDT

    On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 5:26 PM, Andrus Adamchik<andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:

    > On Jun 5, 2009, at 11:43 AM, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
    >
    >> 1. I can't use expression.match() because it will fail when the
    >> expression contains
    >> an array in the path. I.e. matchExp(role.members.user, user) here
    >> "members"
    >> will return a list, and this causes an exception for .match(), whereas it
    >> works
    >> fine in a query.
    >
    > Yeah, this is a known limitation for in memory processing. We probably even
    > have a Jira to fix it.

    If you find the JIRA # I'll see if we can't have a go at fixing it...

    >> 2. In the above statement I don't know how to add a andExp() to only
    >> return
    >> "this", so I get a bigger query result than I need + unecessary post
    >> processing.
    >> I've run into this problem previously as well, without finding an
    >> elegant solution.
    >
    > Not sure I understand this.

    Since I can't use .match() I want to run expression against the database to
    see if "this" matches the filter, but I don't want *lots* of returned
    results where I need to check that "this" is in the list of objects.

    If I could create an expression that filtered out all objects that was not
    "this", then I would know that the object matched the expression if
    a single record was returned.

    --
    Øyvind Harboe
    Embedded software and hardware consulting services