Cayenne logging

From: Jason Ward (jward.dw..mail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 10:13:38 EDT

    I realize this (basic) question has been asked a lot, but I'm still
    struggling to get logging disabled with Cayenne 3.0M6.

    I'm using log4j in my web-app and I'm starting tomcat with the
    log4j.configDebug=true flag so I can see that my properties file is
    loaded before my servlet inits. Despite my best efforts these lines
    aren't being honored :

    log4j.logger.org.objectstyle.cayenne = OFF
    log4j.logger.org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.QueryLogger = OFF
    log4j.logger.org.objectstyle.cayenne.conf = OFF
    log4j.logger.org.objectstyle.cayenne.util = OFF

    ...even tho you can see log4j seems to be setting the values appropriately:
    log4j: Parsing for [org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.QueryLogger] with
    value=[OFF].
    log4j: Level token is [OFF].
    log4j: Category org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.QueryLogger set to OFF
    log4j: Handling
    log4j.additivity.org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.QueryLogger=[null]

    It seems Cayenne's events head for the rootLogger and only mods to that
    have an impact. This really isn't a suitable situation for me because I
    need the rootLogger at an INFO level for other components.

    Can someone out there steer me in the right direction?

    Thanks,
    Jason