Re: Cayenne logging

From: Joe Baldwin (jfbaldwi..arthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 10:59:41 EDT

    Andrus,

    I have not used log4j very much and definitely am not an expert at
    configuring it. I have not been able to implement the instructions
    found at
            http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/configuring-logging.html
    so that I can control logging.

    Quoting from 3.0M6 docs on your website:
            "Commons-logging allows users to choose their own logging provider,
    such as Log4J or java.util.logging."
    This is what I was attempting to convey in my last message (sorry, I
    was not trying to comment on 2.0 configuration)

    Furthermore, when I attempted to implement the example to turn SQL
    tracing off:
            log4j.logger.org.apache.cayenne.access.QueryLogger = WARN
    I found that there was no change in the output.

    So I can only assume that I am missing some fundamental part of the
    primer. My last theory is that I have either placed my cayenne-
    log.properties file in the wrong location, or I my configuration
    parameters are incomplete.

    Do you have any suggestions.

    Joe