Re: Cayenne logging

From: Joe Baldwin (jfbaldwi..arthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jun 12 2009 - 09:43:28 EDT

    Andrus,

    I did quite a few tests yesterday and still cannot determine whether
    the Tomcat logging.properties method will ever work.

    The directives that seem to work are as follows:

            handlers = org.apache.juli.FileHandler
            org.apache.juli.FileHandler.directory = ${catalina.base}/logs
            org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix = mywebapp.
            org.apache.juli.FileHandler.level = WARN

    The last line will turns off all logging. If this is changed to
    "INFO" then logging is turned on. However, I cannot get the cayenne
    "QueryLogger", "conf", or "util" directives to work. It may be my
    syntax (using juli), or it may be that Tomcat juli will not
    disseminate the directives, or it may be that it just cannot be done
    with juli logging.properties.

    Thanks,
    Joe