Re: Cayenne logging

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Sat Jun 13 2009 - 11:03:31 EDT

    On 14/6/09 12:58 AM, Joe Baldwin wrote:
    > When Andrus said that he thought that log4j was an abandoned project, I
    > became hesitant about relying on it as a stable component for the future.)

    I would certainly recommend log4j. It is easy to use and completely robust. It may not have been updated for many years, but that also indicates the stability of the tool. It just works.

    I've written an appender for log4j to submit errors to HTTP. Then we have a system that feeds the error into our bug tracking system. It is all quite simple.

    Ari Maniatis