Re: Using Join Table

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Thu Sep 10 2009 - 19:10:05 EDT

    On 10/09/09 8:04 PM, Nishant Neeraj wrote:
    > I am new to ORM and Cayenne. I a pretty puzzled by relationship flattening and the way we use Modeller to achieve this.[1]

    You may be confused by the different versions of Cayenne. You say you are using Cayenne 2, but you refer to the docs from 1.2. I would recommend that you try Cayenne 3 (M6) which is perfectly stable and in use in production. The modeler is greatly improved in that version and you might find the things you are trying to do clearer.

     From your description it appears to me that flattening the relationship isn't the right thing for you. That is normally done when the join table has no information you care about, but in this case 'subscriptions' is a table with other data you need to access.

    Ari Maniatis

    --

    --------------------------> Aristedes Maniatis GPG fingerprint CBFB 84B4 738D 4E87 5E5C 5EFA EF6A 7D2E 3E49 102A