Using Cayenne Servlet Filter can bring the web application down

From: Borut Bolčina (borut.bolcin..mail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 14 2009 - 04:07:04 EDT

    Hello,

    I think web developers should be given an advice at
    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/web-applications.html that if using Cayenne
    Servlet Filter the web application can be brought to a halt if a malicious
    user sends lots of cookie-less requests (every request bounds data context
    to a new session). We were testing our app with JMeter and found out we can
    not afford to use filter approach.

    It would be of most value if some debates from the mailing list about how to
    use DataContext based on different web application needs would be at the
    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/obtaining-datacontext.html. What I have in
    mind is a tiny cookbook, just two or three recipes, on why it is good to
    gave one data context shared for all users, some data context created for
    each request, some saved in the session, when not to put dc in the session
    etc.

    Should I open an issue in the JIRA?

    Cheers,
    Borut