Re: Sorting and Pagination in Many-to-Many relationship

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Tue Sep 15 2009 - 21:52:22 EDT

    On 16/09/09 6:22 AM, Nishant Neeraj wrote:
    > A question regarding caching. When we use SQLTemplate or Expression, does the objects gets cached? I mean, these are very frequent used piece of code.... as soon as user logs in we will show his list of Magazines... if the object is not cached, we may have sluggish performance under load.

    For improved caching you definitely want to be using Cayenne 3. And the answer is that Cayenne does a very good job of caching, but you'll want to read the documentation carefully to understand what is going on.

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/caching-and-fresh-data.html

    Ari Maniatis

    --

    --------------------------> Aristedes Maniatis GPG fingerprint CBFB 84B4 738D 4E87 5E5C 5EFA EF6A 7D2E 3E49 102A