Re: Memory Management using Tomcat

From: Michael Gentry (mgentr..asslight.net)
Date: Wed Sep 16 2009 - 17:28:41 EDT

    FWIW, I just did a little monitoring with JConsole with my current
    development setup: Eclipse, Jetty, Cayenne 3.0M6, Tapesty 5.1, MySQL.
    This new application I'm working on sounds similar to yours. Fairly
    lightweight. After everything loaded in, I was using 20-21 MB of
    memory and it stayed steady, even after doing about 100 queries in
    Cayenne (I tend to pull back 1-7 records per set-of-queries, but
    closer to 2-3 on average). I'm using session-based data contexts and
    on-demand data contexts. The memory footprint was fine and I'm not
    caching (I go get fresh data every query). I'm not sure why you are
    seeing the anomaly you are seeing unless you just need a bit more RAM
    for Tomcat to be stable.

    mrg