Re: SQLTemplate with SQL MAX function

From: Evgeny Ryabitskiy (evgeny.ryabitski..mail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 02 2009 - 10:17:10 EDT

    If you still interested.. I found a solution of how to perform simple
    SQLTemplate query without mapping.
    In you example it will be like:

    DataMap someDataMap = ..... // get it from somewhere... e.g. from DataContext

    SQLTemplate template = new SQLTemplate(someDataMap, "SELECT
    max(ordering) as MAX_ORDERING FROM user_bookmark WHERE userid=$uid");
    template.setParameters(Collections.singletonMap("uid", user.getId()));
    template.setFetchingDataRows(true);
    List<DataRow> res = context.performQuery(template);

    Integer maxOrdering = null;
    if (res != null) {
       DataRow row =res.get(0);
       if (row != null) {
           maxOrdering = (Integer) row.get("MAX_ORDERING");
       }
    }
    if (maxOrdering == null) {
       maxOrdering = 0;