Cayenne and SqlLite, Cayenne 3.0 vs. 2.0

From: Eric Lazarus (ericllazaru..ahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 16 2009 - 17:09:33 EDT

    Folks

    Are people building new systems on Cayenne 3.0 or 2.0, mostly? What is recommended? (We have been deeply back versioned, successfully using 1.1 for many years.)

    I am about to release a threat modeling tool as an open source desktop system and I would like to have it save its data to a local, very low maintanane database. I was thinking SqlLite. Is it practical for me to save/retieve my objects to SqlLite via Cayenne? It seems that Sqlite is supported only in 3.0 not in 2.0.6. How stable is the current release 3.0M6?

    Is it possible or desireable to add the sqlite package from 3.0 to the 2.0 system?

    Is there another database that is so low maintance that I could consider using it as a personal data store for a desktop app that IS well supported by Cayenne in 2.0, if 2.0 is recommended for current development/depolyment?

    Thanks!

    Eric