Re: Cayenne and SqlLite, Cayenne 3.0 vs. 2.0

From: Lucas Holt (luk..oolishgames.com)
Date: Sat Oct 17 2009 - 10:33:39 EDT

    On Oct 16, 2009, at 5:09 PM, Eric Lazarus wrote:

    > Folks
    >
    > Are people building new systems on Cayenne 3.0 or 2.0, mostly? What
    > is recommended? (We have been deeply back versioned, successfully
    > using 1.1 for many years.)

    I started on 2.0 with a new project earlier this year. While debugging
    another problem, I tried migration to 3.0. I would highly recommend
    going with 3.0M6. It's working better for us. If you use the
    modeler, it's quite nice in 3.0. Even if you don't take advantage of
    new features in 3.0, it seems to be much more efficient and there are
    subtle documentation improvements.

    Lucas Holt
    Luk..oolishGames.com
    MidnightBSD.org (Free OS)