Re: cayenne tomcat memory management

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Oct 22 2009 - 08:29:47 EDT

    On Oct 22, 2009, at 3:09 PM, Emanuele Maiarelli wrote:

    > leaks are produced by frequent context reload, issued by netbeans
    > redeploying webapplication in tomcat,
    > but im looking more closely

    Ok you didn't mention that in the original message. Most likely this
    has nothing to do with Cayenne or your webapp (or Tomcat for that
    matter). Hot redeployment always leads to an eventual JVM death as it
    runs out of PermGen memory space that stores class definitions. While
    some blame developers for creating such a leak [1], I personally gave
    up on trying to make hot redeploy work, and would just restart the
    container every time.

    Andrus

    [1] http://blogs.sun.com/fkieviet/entry/classloader_leaks_the_dreaded_java