DataContext, webapp and serialization

From: Miloš Bielik (bieli..yberos.sk)
Date: Fri Oct 30 2009 - 06:53:42 EDT

    Hi cayenne users

    We do not use default cayenne shared configuration approach. We use more
    cayenne FileConfiguration-s in our webapp development (have to merge
    more domains manually in the runtime: framework's with custom),
    cayenne.xml files are stored in different locations not in the classpath.

    Webapp works fine. But when web container (Tomcat) reloads or migrates
    sessions (eg. to another instance) HttpSessions are
    serialized/deserialized. At this moment our *sesion scoped* DataContext
    is trying to wake up from deserialization, unfortunatelly it tries to
    init default shared configuration. Of course, exception is thrown.

    How can we make DataContext instances re-initialize correctly and bind
    to our custom configuration?

    --
    Milos White Bielik