Relationships

From: Joe Baldwin (jfbaldwi..arthlink.net)
Date: Tue Nov 03 2009 - 15:01:21 EST

    re: Cayenne 3.0M6

    I have a question about the following scenario:

    1. a parent-child relationships exists between two entities (tables).
    This is one-to-one
    2. two sessions exist
    3. the first session adds the two entities
    4. the second session fetches the two entities
    5. then the first session modifies data in both entities

    Question:
    Should the second session see the changes in the child as well as the
    parent?

    (The reason I ask this is that I in the scenario above, the second
    session only sees the changes made to the parent and not the child.
    The data was verified as changed correctly in the MySQL DB. The
    changes to the child were made visible only after the server was
    restarted)