Re: Code Generation for Stored Procedures

From: Adrian Wiesmann (awiesman..omap.org)
Date: Thu Nov 05 2009 - 01:59:43 EST

    Hi Daniel

    > Is this possible writing custom templates ??

    Probably yes. We did not exactly write custom templates for SPs, but we
    did write some for BusinessObjects, DataTables, DataRows and DataRowKeys.
    Which are basically templates for several patterns we implemented.

    Have a look at our code generator. While this is not 100% the solution to
    your problem this is hopefully some inspiration for your own solution :)

    http://somap.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/somap/codegen/src/

    The templates are within the /rsrc folder, the Generator and the targets
    are within the /org directory.

    Oh and for the ones wondering why we generate that many (different)
    classes. We use BusinessObjects to implement use cases which affect more
    than one DataTable. DataTables contain all the logic for one table,
    DataRows are basically only representations of records from the database.
    And DataRowKeys are strongly typed primary keys.

    With this construct it becomes possible to define a data binding language
    / engine which can be used to bind the data from a data context to a UI
    during design time. This is what we do with Gozer, but that is now
    completely OT :)

    Cheers,
    Adrian