Managing Result Sets

From: Sales Manager (websale..ickerssupply.com)
Date: Wed Nov 18 2009 - 09:51:39 EST

    I have a question concerning the rules associated with the standard algorithm that controls the release of Cayenne data objects.

    1. Lets say we do a select query and a result set list of 100 data objects is returned.
    2. Only one of those data object is needed by the app and an app-level container keeps a reference to that one data object.
    3. The reference to the result set is set to null.

    Question:

    Will the entire list (excluding the one referenced data object) be garbage collected, or will the entire result set be retained?

    (I assume that it is the former, I just want to make sure that I have not missed some step that I am responsible for.)

    Thanks,
    Joe