When can cached objects be garbage-collected?

From: Andreas Hartmann (andrea..pache.org)
Date: Mon Nov 23 2009 - 10:19:52 EST

    Hi everyone,

    I'm facing the following situation:

    RecipientSet has many Recipients

    A large number of Recipient objects are imported in a single
    transaction. The changes are committed e.g. every 100 recipients.
    Nevertheless the Recipient objects are kept in the heap, and eventually
    an OutOfMemoryError occurs.

    I have the feeling that the Recipient objects cannot be
    garbage-collected because of the relationship references from the
    RecipientSet. I didn't find any other references to the Recipient objects.

    Is it possible to tell Cayenne not to keep the references, or is there
    any other way to handle this issue? Do I have to create a new data
    context after the changes are committed, starting with a fresh RecipientSet?

    Thanks a lot in advance for any hints!

    Best regards,
    Andreas

    --