Expression help

From: Mark Fraser (mar..ark100.net)
Date: Wed Jan 06 2010 - 19:32:38 EST

    Suppose I have an Artists table and a Paintings table with the usual setup
    of the Artist class having a PAINTINGS_ARRAY property. Suppose further that
    the painting has a "color" property that can be a string or null.

    How would I build an Expression such that I get back the Artists that have
    either no paintings or only paintings with a specific color value (or a null
    color value)?

    I am using Cayenne 2.0.4 in case that matters.

    TIA