Re: MySQL case sensitive search

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 01 2010 - 03:26:58 EST

    On 01/02/2010, at 7:14 PM, Nishant Neeraj wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Is there a way to write an expression in Cayenne that performs case sensitive search over a column? Something like this:
    >
    > SELECT ... FROM TEMP_USERS t0 WHERE binary t0.USER_NAME = 'CaMeL';
    >
    > I am using MySQL. Is this something related to this?
    > http://n3.nabble.com/Re-jira-Created-CAY-1210-mysql-does-not-use-index-for-case-insensitive-searches-td14852.html
    > ThanksNishant

    Yes, cayenne uses the UPPER function for case sensitive searches which bypasses indexes. Patching the cayenne mysql plugin is needed for this. (I subclassed EOF's MySQL plugin to utilise the binary syntax... so I could look at this tomorrow if Andrus doesn't do so overnight.)

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck