Re: Order By Expression

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2010 - 14:11:26 EDT

    Michael,

    I think you're misunderstanding him.

    He's telling you exactly what he wants.

    SELECT * FROM artist ORDER BY artist_name = 'Tom' DESC;

    http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=339935&seqNum=2

    http://searchoracle.techtarget.com/answer/CASE-expressions-in-the-ORDER-BY-clause

    I'm not sure if Cayenne supports it. I've never seen that notation
    before. I don't think it supports expressions, only columns, in the
    ordering.

    I'd say it's a pretty database-specific function (but maybe I'm wrong).