Switching databases

From: MGargan..scholar.com
Date: Tue Mar 23 2010 - 14:40:48 EDT

    Hi,

            I'm looking into using Cayenne as a backend ORM technology
    replacing hibernate. Currently our product supports multiple DBMSes (SQL
    Server, Oracle, DB2) depending on what the client already has installed.
    In hibernate when switching between oracle and sql server, for example, is
    just a matter of changing the dialect. Is there a recommended way in
    Cayenne to generate models in a generic way so that the backend DBMS can
    be swapped out in code? (How is auto id generation effected? How are
    stored procs. handled? etc.) I only see articles related to running
    across multiple DBMSes.

    Thanks.
    -Mike