Cayenne pattern quesiton

From: MGargan..scholar.com
Date: Tue Mar 30 2010 - 16:51:13 EDT

    When using Cayenne are DAO's still the pattern used for findAll,
    findByProperty, and findById query methods or is there some better way to
    do this in Cayenne? For example in the pet store project I see DAO's
    being implemented, but I know that example was taken from other projects
    that use DAO's to begin with so I'm not sure if it was just retrofitted to
    use DAO's with Cayenne. I tried to look at some other examples from the
    website, but most of those are either not complex enough to warrant that
    kind of structure or the links are dead. I hope this is clear. :) Also
    if DAO's are the recommended pattern to use is there a tool (i.e. eclipse
    plugin) that will generate them?

    Thanks.
    -Mike