Cache Configuration # - Max Object LRU Cache

From: Joe Baldwin (jfbaldwi..arthlink.net)
Date: Fri Apr 09 2010 - 12:09:09 EDT

    Subject: Max. Number Of Objects Configuration

    The Cayenne docs for Cache Memory Managment say:

    "we advise to set it to a value to be higher than an estimated max. number of objects committed in a single transaction."

    I have a few questions:

    1. What is the expected behavior (that I can measure) if I specify a number lower than what it "should" be?
    2. Does the DataRowStore.size() method return both hollow objects and faulted objects, or just faulted objects?
    3. What is the relationship of DataRowStore.size() to Runtime free memory (if there is one at all)?

    Thanks,
    Joe