Re: Wicket Cayenne

From: Joe Baldwin (jfbaldwi..arthlink.net)
Date: Sat Apr 24 2010 - 17:39:41 EDT

    Arnaud

    > So I think, the Cayenne DataContext has to be related to the current thread
    > and not to the user session.
    >
    > Do you have an idea why the DataContext is bind to the current thread and
    > not to the user session ?

    I did some testing on this some time ago and with the standard tomcat filter the behavior is fairly intuitive. If I use the BaseContext.bindThreadObjectContext() method, then the Cayenne filter creates and returns a DataContext for each user session. If the session goes out of scope or times-out, the it appears the DataContext does as well (because I get a new DataContext at that point). This seems like reasonable behavior for most implementations.

    I suppose you could configure so that you get a new DataContext for each new request (but that may not be the most optimum design).

    Joe