Re: Fetching Specified "Raw Rows" with SelectQuery

From: Andrew Lindesay (ap..indesay.co.nz)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2010 - 08:40:59 EDT

    Hi Ari;

    Aha! (penny drops) -- ok that is the behaviour I'm after. Thanks to both of you for talking this through. I've written some material to go at the top of "SelectQuery" javadoc to confirm my understanding and augment the javadoc for others;

    <h3>Paginated Mode</h3>
    By configuring an instance of SelectQuery with a "page size", the List returned by performing
    the query will result in <i>hollow</i> DataObjects. Hollow in that they, in essence, carry only their
    primary key data. Because of this, their memory foot-print should be less than if the whole
    DataObject were present or "faulted". If a DataObject is queried on a particular page in the
    list then all of the DataObject-s which are on the same page will also be faulted at the same
    time. This approach can lead to more efficient approaches to working with larger data sets.

    cheers.

    > Are you perhaps misunderstanding the way pagination works or am I missing what you want to do?

    ___
    Andrew Lindesay
    www.silvereye.co.nz