servlet filter and the Configuration

From: MGargan..scholar.com
Date: Fri Apr 30 2010 - 12:07:22 EDT

Okay,

        So I think I've made some progress since my question yesterday. I
have a bean in Spring that is a ConfigurationFactory. It returns a
singleton and the dataSource can be obtained from that. Now I just need
to get that configuration loaded on web startup. I guess I need to write
a filter because all the filters (the one in cayenne and the click
project) create a new shared configuration on init with ServletUtil. I
guess I want to override those init()'s and get a reference to my bean and
call initialize() on it directly. Is that correct? When I do this will
that Configuration become the shared configuration? If not how do I make
it the shared configuration? Any other gotchas I should be aware of when
doing this by hand?

Thanks.
-Mike