Re: Cayenne 3.0 is released

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri May 07 2010 - 03:59:49 EDT

    Yes, in fact I was going to mention that on the dev list, but since
    this question came up here...

    We've already been doing some work on 3.1 while waiting for 3.0 to
    stabilize. A few things that are already available on the SVN trunk
    and will be included in the first 3.1 milestone are:

    * Switched org.apache.cayenne.conf package to a completely new
    configuration approach using a small built-in dependency injection
    (DI) container. (this is actually pretty big - it resulted in a bunch
    of improvements in many places).
    * Simplified project structure by allowing only one DataDomain per
    project (multiple domains can be used as separate projects)
    * Switched Modeler preferences away from HSQLDB to use Java
    preferences API. So no more lost preferences.

    There are other things on the TODO list. Not all of them will make 3.1
    (as we are hoping that full 3.1 cycle will be much shorter than 3.0).
    Here are a few notable ones:

    * Auto-merging multiple projects into one in runtime (this will allow
    for easier implementation of reusable libraries that contain ORM
    mapping).
    * Merging SelectQuery and EJBQLQuery into a single object query that
    can be created either via API or from String.
    * Fully parameterized Collections returned from ObjectContext.

    Cheers,
    Andrus