Re: Cayenne 3.0 is released

From: Joe Baldwin (jfbaldwi..arthlink.net)
Date: Fri May 07 2010 - 10:16:40 EDT

    Here is my unsolicited opinion, for what it is worth:

    It is my professional opinion that while Hibernate an impressive implementation, Cayenne excels on almost every measure except perhaps in the arena of perception by project managers. If a project manager is even aware of the ORM design pattern, then the "conventional wisdom" is that the only or go-to ORM is "Hibernate".

    Therefore, I believe that Arnaud's comments are spot-on for two reasons: first professional documentation will allow more developers to become familiar with Cayenne, and will in turn result in more Project Managers having knowledge that there is a better alternative for consideration.

    While it is difficult for a development team to wear two hats, I believe that a high priority for Cayenne 3.0 now is to marketing itself as the "go-to" ORM for small,medium, & large scale Enterprise projects.