Manipulating DataObjects during validation phase

From: Marek Šab (msab..uk.cvut.cz)
Date: Sat May 15 2010 - 01:46:28 UTC

    Hi,

    I have a question:

    I'm in a situation where I can't do optimistic locking routine and I
    wanted to check data integrity in validateForUpdate method. I need to
    change one property (and I did) but it doesn't seem to propagate to
    database. I feel like what I'm doing isn't right and that even doing
    this in preUpdate callback wouldn't be right.

    Is that so that changes to DataObjects during validation phase are no
    longer propagated through commit phase?

    Regards,

    --
    Marek Šabo