Re: Resin Servlet Container

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2010 - 18:25:40 UTC

    On Jun 4, 2010, at 2:16 PM, Joe Baldwin wrote:

    > 1. Is Cayenne compatible with the Resin Servlet Container?
    > 2. If so, is there any difference in the configuration of the
    > deployment descriptor?

    Cayenne doesn't care that much about the container. There are only a
    few optional integration points and even those are standardized by
    J2EE and work similar across all containers from the Cayenne POV.
    Those points are:

    * JNDI lookup of the DataSource (optional)
    * servlet filter used to bootstrap Cayenne (also optional)
    * container transaction management (unless you are using EJBs, you
    probably don't care about that).

    FWIW I used Cayenne with Resin and it just works.

    Andrus