Trouble loading cayenne.xml in 3.x data view modeler

From: Mark Fraser (mar..ark100.net)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2010 - 22:29:08 UTC

    I recently converted a project which heavily uses data views from Cayenne
    2.x to 3.x.

    As far as I can tell I have everything working (at runtime) but the one
    known problem is that the 3.x data view modeler does not properly load the
    cayenne.xml. By not properly loading I mean that the dataview elements do
    not show up at all. The map does show up in the Entity view but with no
    children.

    The cayenne.xml that I am trying to load is of course the one that I
    converted by loading the 2.x version into the 3.x Cayenne modeler (the
    regular modeler not the data view one) and allowing it to convert the
    project.

    FWIW the 3.x data view modeler DOES properly load the unconverted 2.x
    cayenne.xml.

    Has anyone been able to get this to work?

    Thanks,

    Mark