cayenne log4j configuration

From: Hans Pikkemaat (h.pikkemaa..si-solutions.nl)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2010 - 08:25:44 UTC

    Hi,

    I'm using cayenne 2.0.4. and have my own log4j.xml configuration.
    My configuration does not have any appenders for the root logger.

    Looking at the isLoggingConfigured method in the Configuration class I see
    that cayenne assumes that log4j is not setup when the root logger does not
    have any appenders.

    So what is happening now is that after processing my log4j configuration
    file
    cayenne is also processing its configuration file.

    See log4j debug logs:

    log4j: Using URL
    [file:/data/projects/common/paymentservice/model/trunk/target/test-classes/log4j.xml]
    for automatic log4j configuration.
    .
    .
    log4j: Reading configuration from URL
    file:/data/projects/common/paymentservice/model/trunk/target/test-classes/.cayenne/cayenne-log.properties

    Is there a way around this except from moving to cayenne 3?

    tx

    Hans