Re: Book

From: Michael Gentry (mgentr..asslight.net)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2010 - 13:04:15 UTC

    What I've started on is still embryonic, but the current outline is:

    Introduction
    Cayenne Modeler
    Contexts
    Inserting Objects
    Fetching Objects
    Deleting Objects
    Caching
    Inheritance
    Web Applications *
    References and Resources

    * Currently only a simple Tapestry 5 application is planned since I
    don't know the other frameworks.

    My plan is to walk through Cayenne, starting with Cayenne Modeler, and
    working through different activities (inserts/fetches/deletes/etc)
    with lots of little examples. I'm open to suggestions/etc, though.
    I've abandoned my original idea of using Tiddly Wiki for the book,
    though. Still planning on using GitHub for the code, though.

    mrg