Re: Book

From: Evgeny Ryabitskiy (evgeny.ryabitski..mail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2010 - 18:47:26 UTC

    Hello 2 everyone.

    I wish to add one more chapter... About... not ORM part of Cayenne.
    I know Cayenne represents itself as "Cayenne is a mature, powerful,
    full-featured open source Object/Relational Mapping (ORM) framework".
    But Cayenne is also a powerful "Query Execution Framework" or "Query
    Engine".

    We have been developing high performance Enterprise Applications for
    Bunk Industry for almost 3 years with Cayenne.
    There is no ORM only SQLTemplates and Row queries. We working with
    Maps instead Objects. This architecture has some disadvantage: it's
    harder to develop and maintain such applications. But advantage is
    that such applications are really fast.
    With power of SQLTemplates where we can turn queries for DB type, we
    are supporting 4 RDBM types (mssql, sybase, oracle, db2). So it is a
    Success Story :)
     I think Example of building applications over Cayenne without ORM is
    something that can be interesting for users.

    Evgeny