Testing for Pagination

From: Gary Jarrel (garyjarre..mail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2010 - 01:08:57 UTC

    Hi Guys,

    If I have a small application I am working on which is a DAO like
    interface to Cayenne to simplify access to the database to one call.

    Currently I am working with paginated queries, and what I wanted to
    know is if I execute a paginated query how does one write a test case
    to verify that the query was actually paginated. Eg. In a 10 record
    page how do you ascertain that the first 10 records have been
    completely retrieved and the others just the IDs.

    I though I'd ask given that it's a simple question before I start
    diving into the Cayenne source code.

    Thank you

    Gary