Re: Re: Mapping views with modeller

From: matero (mater..mail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2010 - 13:48:57 UTC

    Thanks Andrus.

    So, to map a view, I need to create it on my DB, then import it with the
    modeler and then map it.
    Or I should create the DbEntity as a normal one (putting all its attributes as
    read-only) ?

    Is it possible from the meta-model maintained by cayenne determine if an
    ObjEntity maps a table or a view? this could be used to define which class
    extend in the velocity template avoiding update / insert operations.
    If it is not possible, then I should used some kind of convention on
    tables/views names but I prefer to use the cayenne meta-model.

    Finally, is there a way to tell the modeler "don't try to assign a PK to this
    kind of entity" (in hibernate there is a "assigned id" strategy whih does this).

    Sorry for my poor english and to bother you with this questions.
    Thanks in advance.

    Regards
    matero