Re: XMLEncoder / XMLDecoder

From: Adrian Wiesmann (awiesman..omap.org)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2010 - 15:40:26 UTC

    > Am I able to use the XMLEncoder to serialize a list of data objects. I
    > can see the XMLDecoder has a decodeList method, however the XMLEncoder
    > does not appear to have a public encodeList method?

    Some while ago we wrote a backup and restore feature into our tool:

    http://somap.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/somap/sobf_tool/src/org/somap/sobf/database/backuprestore/

    Please have a look at Backup.java and Restore.java.

    Basically we filled a ZIP file. This file contained a Manifest file
    which contained the names of the tables stored in that specific zip
    archive. Every table was written as a separate XML file which was stored
    in the same zip file.

    Cheers,
    Adrian