Re: Ordering expression

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 22 2010 - 18:19:58 UTC

    Sorry, I misread your question. You really want to do an ordering by
    expression rather than by column.

    There is a thread on this.

    http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cayenne-user/201003.mbox/%3Cdc5d39031003152211pad3d1advc5bb5c34562fbc6..ail.gmail.com%3E

    The short answer is that it's not supported. There are a number of
    workarounds, depending on the specific query and how you need to use
    it.

    In your specific case, perhaps you could create a view containing A+B
    as an additional column and sort on that column.

    Or you can use an SQLTemplate to create the query.

    I believe there were other workarounds in the thread above.