Strange insertion of UPPER when Ordering by TIMESTAMP in SQL Server

From: Gary Jarrel (garyjarre..mail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 06 2010 - 04:10:45 UTC

    Hi All

    Using SQL Server I have a table with a DATETIME column. When I run a
    Cayenne Query with an Oder By clause in Descending Mode, the resulting
    SQL looks something like:

    SELECT UPPER(t0.date_created)
    FROM product t0
    ORDER BY UPPER(t0.date_created) DESC

    In the Modeler these columns show up as TIMESTAMP

    Is there a reason a UPPER is being used, it seems like it's trying to
    do a case insensitive ordering on a non character based column.

    Thank you

    Gary