Re: Strange insertion of UPPER when Ordering by TIMESTAMP in SQL Server

From: Gary Jarrel (garyjarre..mail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2010 - 00:10:08 UTC

    > Just curious, did you use SortOrder.DESCENDING_INSENSITIVE?
    >
    > mrg

    Yes that is the case, I've just had a look through my code and it is
    being set. The reason though is that we have a small generic DAO
    package which has methods such as

    findObjectsByParameters(Class<T> objectEntity, Map<?, ?> params,
    OrderedMap<String, Boolean> ordering);

    It then build the query and executes it, however by default when
    adding Ordering it uses SortOrder.ASCENDING_INSENSITIVE and
    SortOrder.ASCENDING_INSENSITIVE,

    I would have thought that the the case insensitivity would be applied
    only to String based fields and ignored for Date fields?

    Thank you

    Gary