Re: Cayenne 3.0.1 released

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2010 - 16:59:55 UTC

    On Sep 7, 2010, at 12:50 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

    > * Create a source cayenne assembly

    I should explain a bit about this one. There is a new distribution file - cayenne-3.0.1-src.tar.gz that contains all Cayenne sources (not just a subset as it used to). The source distro is buildable with Maven following these instructions: http://cayenne.apache.org/building-cayenne.html E.g. this can be useful if you want to customize Cayenne locally without having to deal with SVN checkouts, etc. (although we as Cayenne developers would still prefer if you contribute back your changes ;-)).

    Also addition of the source distro means that we no longer include sources in any of the binary distros.

    Andrus